One of the largest neighborhood holiday lights displays in north Texas continues to shine bright in Arlington. Interlochen starts Friday, Dec. 14 and continues through Christmas Day.
This year, the popular holiday attraction is 12 days of bright lights and holiday-theme displays involving more than 200 homeowners. Admission into the area is free. Entrance begins at Randol Mill Road and Westwood Drive.
To help facilitate safe travel for Interlochen homeowners and the thousands of motorists who return every year to ride and enjoy the sights, the Arlington Police Department will operate traffic control posts each day from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. This year, motorists can expect to see more signage to help them safely navigate the route.
How to Enter and Exit Interlochen:
- Enter the Interlochen neighborhood from Westwood Drive at Randol Mill Road.
- From Westbound Interstate 30, take the Fielder Road exit and south to Randol Mill Road. Turn right on Randol Mill Road and follow it to Westwood Drive.
- From Eastbound Interstate 30, take the Eastchase Parkway exit, go east on Meadowbrook Boulevard to Randol Mill Road, then right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive.
- All other streets to the Interlochen neighborhood are closed. Left turns are prohibited from northbound Bowen at Westwood and at Westwood and Porto Bello. All traffic will be forced southbound on Crowley Road. Tour buses and limousines are not allowed on Porto Bello Court.
Helpful Travel Safety Tips:
- Traffic must keep right at all times, leaving the left lane open for emergency vehicles and Interlochen homeowners.
- Adults and children must be properly secured by safety belts and child safety seats. Avoid distractions in the vehicle such as texting.
- Visit during the week. Weekends are the highest traffic-volume days.
- Pack a little patience. Traveling through the area could be slow at times.
- Pedestrian traffic is permitted (Does not include people exiting vehicles which could pose safety hazard).
- Roller skating in the street is prohibited by the Arlington Municipal Code.
- No solicitation or sales by any vendors or group will be allowed from any public roadway or public rights-of-way.
Be sure to download the map! Interlochen Road Map.
(City of Arlington release)